Otara Pool and Leisure Centre
Situated in the heart of Otara, this large leisure centre is a one-stop shop for all your sports and recreation needs. The facility includes a large stadium with international sized basketball, netball and volleyball courts, gyms, swimming pool, and a variety of spaces available to hire for your next event.
Otara Pool and Leisure Centre won the New Zealand Recreation Association’s Outstanding Facility Award 2008. We’re committed to providing an outstanding facility and service to the community. You’ll find a wide variety of sport and recreation programmes designed for various ages and abilities. In addition to recreation programmes run each term, we also provide after school care (OSCAR) and structured school holiday programmes, both of which are CYFS approved.
- Otara Pool and Leisure Centre brochure (pdf 389kb)
- Check out the Term 1 recreation programmes running in Otara Pool and Leisure Centre
The Norman Kirk Memorial Pools indoor facility features a 25 metre lap pool for lane swimming, a 15 metre teaching pool, toddlers' pool and mordern change facilities. A 30 square metre spa and two sauna facilities are also available. The outdoor pool is a 33 metre lap pool.
Aquatic Exercise Timetable
|Monday||6.00am - 7.00am - Aquarobics|
|Wednesday||6.00am - 7.00am - Aquarobics|
|Friday||6.00am - 7.00am - Early Bird Aqua Aerobics|
- Children 10 years and under must be actively supervised by a caregiver 17 years or over.
- Children 4 years and under must be accompanied in the pool and within arms reach of a caregiver aged 17 years or over at all times and who will be charged a $1.00 ‘Supervising Adult’ rate.
At the Otara Pool and Leisure Centre gym we make getting fit and staying fit as easy as possible. With our affordable membership options, you’ll be able to get in shape and have fun doing it. Take advantage of our group fitness classes that take place in our stadium. »more
Kauri Kids Childcare
Otara Kauri Kids offers quality, affordable care with a focus on learning through fun. Our centre provides a nurturing, stimulating and secure environment where children feel comfortable and will grow, learn and play. »more
Otara Pool and Leisure Centre has a number of spaces available to hire for your next event. You can hire rooms that hold 60-150 people or a stadium for 1280. Our centre is ideal for hosting sporting events, public meetings, private functions or wedding receptions. »more
Otara Pool and Leisure Centre has a wide variety of user groups offering a range of activities for all ages. Please contact the specific club/group/association for full details on their activities:
- SwimGym - Alicia Rutherford - (09) 273 0029
- Health Pacifica - Mary Patana - (09) 275 8598
- South Sea's Health Care - Shaun Tautali - (09) 278 2694
- Manukau Institute of Technology, School of Sport - Michelle McCormick - (09) 968 8000
- Manukau Auckland Volleyball Association - John Quinn - 021 078 3373
Monday - Friday: 5.30am – 6.45pm
Weekends & public holidays: 9.00am – 6.45pm (Excludes fitness centre)
|Our centre welcomes everyone regardless of ability or disability|
Newbury Street, Otara
Phone: (09) 274 6917
Send an enquiry